Saturday, January 10, 2009
PSA: Young Dro Mixtape Coming Soon!
This piece of a pleasant surprise was spotted over @ NahRight. Tis a promo holla for Young Dro's upcoming mixtape "Black Boy, White Boy" ( i.e Black Boy Swag, White Boy Tags, you dig?)
I highly recommend that you just hit play to bask in Dro's infectious enthusiasm, but for those too lazy, here's a quick synopsis. Notable highlights of the video include:
1) Dro informing us that his 'Black Boy, White Boy' mixtape w/ Yung LA & DJ Infamous will be dropping soon (The 'DJ Infamous as host' info is appreciated since I like to stretch and warm up two weeks in advance to prepare myself for mixtape DJ shoutouts. Knowing whose shrieks are gonna be violating my listening experience eases my anxiety quite a bit)
2) Dro blending a few choice album lines into his promo shout out. More specifically, lines interspersed within this promo pitch include instantly recognizable favourites such as "I'm fashionably sensitive, but too cool to care", "My nickname's schoolboy, but ain't nobody learnin' me"
3) Dro repeatedly reminding us that he spends 5Gs on an outfit (every week, all the way down to the socks) - I wish I could relate dude, but I can't coz I shop almost exclusively out of Walmart's clearance aisles. Thats how I roll, son. No-Name Swag, Child Labour Tags. Best believe that.
4) Dro mentioning that his sophomore album's gonna be retitled from "The Young & the Restless" to "P.O.L.O (Players Only Live Once)"
5) Dro revealing that he wears so much Polo that these hoes think he's horsing around.
6) Dro signing off with "I'm in my own world, trick, we on different earth-es" Interesting that he claims to be on a different earth, as opposed to claiming to being from a different planet altogether (like every other rapper does right now). Step your game up, wannabe weirdo rappers. Whatchuknow about parallel universes?
Fingers crossed supertight that both the mixtape and the album actually drop this year. My Djimon-dark computer speakers and my brinjal-bright ipod need that Jackie Chan in it.