Saturday, April 4, 2009

Single, Please Mingle: The Juan Maclean 'Accusations'



Dance Party dudes! Currently my favourite track off of The Juan Maclean's new album "The Future Will Come." Ok so, this album doesn't seem as good as the last one, but its good nonetheless. Even Pitchfork agrees (Phew, I needed the validation).

An important point to note, and a definite reason to cop this record, is that the original 12 minute version of "Happy House" is included as the album closer. For those of you who don't know,
Happy House is their monster smash single from last year. I mention it in this post because once you listen to the total winner of a record that is Happy House, your review of anything else by the Juan Maclean will be tainted by ridiculously high standards.

But if you disregard this albatross around their neck for awhile, I'm sure you'll find something to enjoy in this track. Its got this ...umm samba-for-the-sorrowful vibe to it. A Disco's Not Dead feel if you will.

This song seems to be targeted towards those "getting emotional these days," but I like it anyway. I did suffer from a severe case of diarrhea recently, and I'm sure I can file that under "emotional" experience anyways. For those looking for something more thought-provoking, Nancy Whang croons: "Accusations make a lover's touch turn cold/Where's the difference, between the truth and lies not told?"

WOOOOOAAH DUDE, DID SHE JUST BLOW YOUR MIND. OR DID. SHE. JUST. BLOW. YOUR. MIND.

No comments: