Monday, May 4, 2009

Single, Please Mingle: Gucci Mane feat Three Six Mafia, Project Pat, Yung Joc & OJ Da Juiceman "Never Too Much (Remix)"



Awww shit. The first time I heard this song (which for the record was like, around 9.00 pm on a Sunday night), I jumped right out of my chair and started marching around my room. Straight Bushwacker-style. No joke. It just made so much sense at the time.

Anyways, these all star collabo lineups keep getting more ridiculoid by the second. This is like half of my last month's playlist converging into a single mp3 file. I was going to rank the verses of the featured rappers but its pretty hard since they all do a nice job. Personally, the numero uno spot would belong to DJ Paul's retort to sell-out accusations : "And I still represent and live in the south, so nigga get that hollywood shit out your mouth" I know lines like these sound less-than-mediocre on paper, but this is rap and you already know that delivery is king. With disdain dripping out of every syllable, DJ Paul pretty much turns mean mugging into an artform.

Despite the crazy nice lineup spitting solid game, Gucci's stubborn chorus (I can't stop, I won't stop, I keep getting money/Never too much, never too much money/I woke up ballin, I went to sleep stunnin/never too much, never too much money) never lets you forget whose turf you're on. 'Catchy Gucci chorus' seems like a redundant phrase at this point. But just in case you forgot who's boss, Gucci steps in to close the track in spectacular fashion. My fave line = "My lil boy one, but his shoes four hundred/ With tax, better yet 450 / Gucci all red, so he shittin' on the infants." Poor Gucci probably has to constantly change his kid's diapers coz his lil one's swag is shitting on his playmates. That pretty much has blockbuster movie written all over it. "Gucci's Kids" or "Gucci Day Care"? What say you?

Track's off Drumma Boy's 'Welcome II the City' apparently. Cop a zshare via Nah Right

2 comments:

joseph said...

This track is great. But I'm sayin can I get a DJ Khaled-style re-remix of this with Boosie, Rich Boy, and Wayne thrown in?

I'm cracking up at the idea of baby swag. Maybe he can rock a Maggie Simpson chain?

Jay Deff Kay said...

This track is great. But I'm sayin can I get a DJ Khaled-style re-remix of this with Boosie, Rich Boy, and Wayne thrown in?

Sounds fun but I'm fine with it as is. I'm actually getting kinda desensitized and almost jaded to all these big name mass collabos That's not cool.

"I'm cracking up at the idea of baby swag. Maybe he can rock a Maggie Simpson chain?"

A maggie simpson chain is pure genius. heck forget baby swag, even i'd rock a maggie simpson change