Saturday, May 2, 2009

Single, Please Mingle: Rick Ross "Cigar Music"


Rick Ross - Cigar Music

So what happens when you decide to transcribe Rick Ross verses twice in a row? Will our world as we know it collapse into nothingness? I might be slightly off with this claim but I'm pretty sure this is the exact premise of that one famous Stephen Hawking book.

Here we go again:

"Uhhhh, Uhhhhh. I'm so compassionate with my compositions. Check.

Fascinated with foreign felines, since I was knee high
The cigar got me buzzin like a beehive
Fuck my old chick, I'm riding with my new thing
In her blue jeans, panties like shoe strings
Most wanted, I'm Bin Laden on a beat nigga
Rubber band, jeans sagging to my feet nigga
Hundred grand for the wagon and the feet (fiat?) nigga
Black flaggin' , bragging I'm a street nigga
On the grind, lil rappers wanna eat with us
Tryin' to shine like Birdman teeth glitters
VMA, fine time just to creep with her
So coincidental, walking down the street with her
My loose cheese scooped up the Gucci
In two weeks, I flew through the boutiques
She get her time limit when I let her go and shop
Cruisin in the car, clip the cuban at the top
Niggas know that my tecs explode
Down to go toe-to-toe before Tecmo Bowl
Biggest boss in the game, chatter I never mind that
Coz if it mattered, C-Murder would go diamond
I reflect as I riding in my Rolls Royce
Get respect coz I give these hoes no choice."

And that's just the first verse! The dude is on-point lyrically and the strings are luscious like whoa, yknow? I'm so salty that this track isn't on my copy of Deeper Than Rap. It's apparently a bonus track on certain copies of Deeper Than Rap. It can also be found on the Deeper than Maybach Music mixtape, which is where I first heard it.

2 comments:

Daniel said...

Seeing Rick Ross' lyrics in print, I gotta admit you're right--he's pretty decent lyricist, though what he means by "Ciara celebant" I have no idea. Is she celibate? Does he celebrate her? Any clue what's he going for?

Jay Deff Kay said...

"what he means by "Ciara celebant" I have no idea. Is she celibate? Does he celebrate her? Any clue what's he going for?"

That line had me confused as well. I'm assuming it was just a convenient rhyme. She did come on the scene with the this sorta clean image, so I assumed Rick Ross was somehow still of the impression that she was celibant. And that he was gonna use his charm to get her to break her vow. Hence him painting the picture: "My sex excellent, Ciara Celebant. Breathing on her neck, she can smell the peppermint"